RRGC REMAINS CLOSED
The recent Covd-19 Crisis across the world is impacting everything we do and golf courses are not unaffected. A recent list of essential businesses and services in Saskatchewan that remain operating to the public did not include golf courses (March 25th).
Golf Saskatchewan has responded by issuing some guidelines on how golf courses across Saskatchewan might begin operations this spring and I confirmed those guidelines with the Saskatchewan Covid-19 Business Response Team on April 1, 2020. What this means for RRGC is the following:
The golf course will remain closed until the Saskatchewan Government has given the approval for golf courses in Saskatchewan to open for public use. When that happens, we will post that information on our website.
In the meantime, golf courses are allowed to begin the process of preparing their golf courses for the season. This would include things such as:
- Preparing the watering system for use including fixing leaks and getting the system operational
- Uncovering the greens and preparing them for the season.
- Preparing the golf course for the season including picking up twigs and broken branches, raking leaves, fertilizing, spraying, etc
- Cleaning the club house and getting it prepared for the season
- Mowing when necessary
- Preparing all of the golf carts and equipment for the season
- Having essential products such as gasoline, fuel and propane delivered.
This is not an exhaustive list but what it means for RRGC is that we can prepare the golf course for the season using a minimal amount of staff and volunteers to make that happen. No groups of more than 10 and keeping the physical distancing of 2 meters apart are essential when golf course preparation is taking place. I realize that the groups of 10 guideline is for closed spaces but this was the guideline that was given to me verbally by the Saskatchewan Business Response Team.
With this in mind, we ask that:
- All RRGC Members who are visiting the golf course to walk only do so if the above guidelines can be followed (no more than 10 people and a minimum distance of 2 meters apart).
- Members wanting to access their cart shed or storage unit to prepare their cart or clubs for the season should follow the same guidelines.
- RRGC buildings (other than cart sheds and storage units) should only be accessed by staff or Board Members who are at the golf course coordinating tasks for spring start up.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact David Thorburn, President RRGC at any time.
Additionally, the recent Board of Directors meeting was conducted electronically as opposed to a face to face meeting. The RRGC Annual Meeting will either be delayed until May or June or, a detailed package may be sent out to members in lieu of an annual meeting this year. Communication with the membership will take place through the website and also using email and text messages.
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation during this challenging time. We look forward to a successful 2020 season.