RRGC OPENS MAY 15th, 2020 (Updated May 10th)
On May 8th, 2020, the Government of Saskatchewan released updated guidelines for golf courses to operate beginning Friday May 15th. The updated guidelines for golfers are listed below. The main changes are as follows:
– A maximum of 4 players per group will be allowed
– Tee times will now be allowed to 12 minutes apart rather than the previous 20 minutes apart
– Driving Ranges and practice areas can open but there are distance and cleaning restrictions
– Rental clubs and pull carts are allowed but with extensive cleaning conditions
– League Play and Golf Lessons can resume as long as all guidelines for physical distancing are being met.
Here is the complete list of new guidelines:
- Expand cleaning and disinfection of common/high-touch surfaces in accordance with the public health order.
- Physical distancing must be observed at all times, with a minimum of two metres between individuals.
- Employees must have access to gloves and sanitizing wipes, and are required to stay home if they are unwell or symptomatic.
- Signage must be posted to caution players about the risks of COVID-19.
- Players exhibiting signs of illness will not be permitted to play.
- All players must have a tee time, no walk-on players will be permitted.
- A maximum of four players per group is permitted.
- Tee times must be a minimum of 12 minutes apart to avoid congestion on the course.
- Flags must remain in place and measures must be taken to prevent the ball from dropping in the hole, eliminating the need for players to contact the pin or cup. This may include such measures as levelling the cup, elevating the cup or installing a touch-free ball removal mechanism.
- All rakes and ball washers must be removed from the course.
- Washroom facilities on the course must remain closed to players and the public.
- Driving ranges and practice putting/chipping greens can open if physical distancing (minimum of two metres) is maintained. Range balls must be cleaned and disinfected between customers. For the practice putting/chipping greens, flags must remain in place and measures must be taken to prevent the ball from dropping in the hole. This may include such measures as levelling the cup, elevating the cup or installing a touch-free ball removal mechanism.
- Walking is encouraged.
- Limit of one person per golf cart, unless the occupants reside in the same household.
- Rental golf carts (motorized or pull carts) must be extensively cleaned and disinfected after each rental.
- Golf club rentals are permitted, but must be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each rental.
- Remove bulk scorecard, pencil and tee holders from starter areas.
- Retail sales must follow the Clothing and Retail Guidelines.
- All food and beverage services are suspended, except for pick-up or delivery.
- Washrooms at the clubhouse will be sanitized regularly, with only one individual allowed at a time.
- Drink/snack carts may not operate.
- Locker rooms must be closed. Players can change footwear in the parking lot.
- Pro shops can begin providing services, such as selling merchandise (effective May 19, 2020) and renting carts, subject to the Retail Guidelines.
- The clubhouse (with exception of the washrooms and pro shop) and common spaces (decks, gazebos, and picnic areas) must remain closed.
- Group lessons and tournaments are prohibited. League play and one-on-one lessons may occur if all other criteria are met.
In addition to these guidelines and after a consultation with the Provincial Covid-19 Business Response Team, RRGC will begin operating for the 2020 season with these policy guidelines:
- Players/Members can begin booking tee times beginning at 9:00 a.m. on May 14th by calling the Pro-Shop at 306-628-3256. Hours of operation will be from 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Anyone who was a member during the 2019 season and intends on purchasing a membership for the 2020 season can golf free of charge until May 20th. The 2020 season memberships are due starting May 20th. Memberships can be paid at the Pro-Shop starting on May 20th.
- For the time period from May 15th to May 18th, payment for green fees for non-2019 members will be done via credit card or debit card only and will be done at the entry to the clubhouse. Other than staff, no one is allowed into the Pro-Shop. Beginning on May 19th, the Pro-Shop will be open and payment may be made inside the Pro-shop.
Please watch for signs and directions when you arrive at the golf course clubhouse and Pro-Shop. Also, keep checking our website as this is where we will be posting updates to our policies and procedures going forward.
We look forward to a successful 2020 season.
David Thorburn, President RRGC